Sunday, March 8, 2009

WTF??? 70


I saw this headline, "Police: Ill. pastor deflected gunshot with Bible," and thought I would be reading an article about a man of the cloth being saved by the Good Book, which would have made a great story... but no, this was a article about a pastor being killed when the other three bullets hit him-- talk about misleading...
I don't mean to make light of the situation, I am merely pointing out how headlines don't always give you what you expect...
UPDATE!!!
Since I posted this, the headline has been changed to say that he deflected the FIRST bullet with the Bible. I'll take full credit for the change...

2 comments:

Calvin's Canadian Cave of Cool said...

Everytime I see a bible I think of my high school grad when they gave us these cheap ass bibles made in Africa...my buddy flipped through it and then asked me..."Hey Cal, who is our lord and savior?"..I answered of course "Jesus?" Immediately he said "no, no, no,...it be JEBUS!"...they had spelled his name wrong throughout. We had lots of fun with that to the consternation of our teachers and priest.

Artman2112 said...

jebus christ that's hilarious!!!