Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Prove You Love Her by Buying Her Stuff Day...






I am not a fan of any holidays, mostly because the meaning of them has been completely lost and they are now just excuses to celebrate or used to guilt us into spending money on others just because of what day it is... Valentine's day is the worst of the bunch though-- the one day you have to prove your love by buying stuff. Doesn't matter if you buy her something everyday of the year, if you skip that one day, you are a piece of shit and you don't love her... SCREW THAT! And there is definitely a double standard-- if he doesn't get her something, he is worthless, but if she doesn't get him anything, no big deal... not expected, no obligation there. Just bugs me... always has. But, whatever-- if you are dumb enough to buy into it, then just do it. Hallmark, FTD Florist, Russell Stover, the De Beers family and your wife/girlfriend will appreciate your business.

3 comments:

Calvin's Canadian Cave of Cool said...

and there you go again...hits me where I live..with all the warth of my bitterness...mmmmmm

Joe Bloke said...

hell, no!!! if I'm buying her crap, she's buying me crap!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't aware of a double standard when it came to Valentine's Day; it's always been recipricol with every girlfriend I've ever had. Hell - I even had a couple that sent me flowers!