Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Freakin' meme...

I thought I'd never ever do one of these, but doggone it, this one intrigued me...
Um, I mean thank you, Steven...
Here are the simple instructions: Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your album.
I did have to refresh the page with each attempt because reclicking the link just showed the same quotes again...
The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
Use photoshop or similar to put it all together. Try it and link to your band's first album in the comments!
I tried 10 of them, but I only thought 3 of them really worked... I just couldn't imagine a band named 'International Cystinuria Foundation' with a flowery album cover (although the quote was cool, "A fashion is NOTHING BUT AN INDUCED EPIDEMIC"-- George Bernard Shaw). I ended up with a bunch of cool quotes, mostly lame images and a couple of decent band names (Wendy Guey was my fave).
The top one was my initial attempt (the full quote is, "Do not consider painful what is good for you"-- Euripides), the second one is somewhat ironic because the band name is actually the name of an album by 'Fates Warning' (the full quote is, "There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart"-- Celia Thaxter), and the third one is just a weird pic (I do wish I had made the album name bigger... the full quote is, "On the plus side, death is one of the few things that can be done just as easily lying down"-- Woody Allen).
Damn, I need to get Photoshop-- this shit sucks when you use Paint... I found the fonts on various MySpace layout generators.

3 comments:

Booksteve said...

Hehehehe! I love 'em all!

Booksteve said...

I used Paint on mine, too.

Calvin's Canadian Cave of Cool said...

those rock...especially the one with Domo...its rare that you get three good parts for your album...but no worst than the ACTUAL albums in my collection