Monday, October 20, 2008

'Get Fuzzy' update...


Recently I reported that my local newspaper had cancelled the comic 'Get Fuzzy' because of objectionable language and replaced it with a strip called 'Tundra'. They immediately pulled it from the Mon-Sat, but since then, (update) five Sunday editions have been published and all have still contained the family-unfriendly 'Get Fuzzy'. Now I know that the Sunday paper is considered a separate entity from the daily one (for publication records at least), but it strikes me as odd that they have kept the strip going on the day most families would probably read it (and a day considered by many to be holy). Perhaps the Sunday readership is more forgiving... Or perhaps the editors of my local rag don't know their asses from their nostrils.

2 comments:

Booksteve said...

Not sure how it is today but the sunday comics used to be printed up way in advance. Waaaay back when I was a teenager, I bought the Sunday edition of the New York Daily News here in Cincinnati just so I could get next week's comics this week!

Lisa_mynx said...

no clue how that works but i'd really doubt they print the local rag very far in advance...