Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Dogs in Politics Day


I know nothing about this holiday (and am too lazy to look it up), but it does remind me of a Native American myth about the dogs of the world getting together to choose a leader. One dog nominated the bulldog because he was strong, and another dog nominated the greyhound because of his speed. Each dog had a different idea of which should be in charge until one dog said, "I nominate Larry because his butt smells the best,". This gave the rest of the dogs thought and they proceeded to sniff each others hind quarters searching for the right smell, and to this day any time you see two dogs meet and smell each other, they are still trying to elect a leader (no, I didn't make this shit up).

1 comment:

Mike Church said...

I'm a sucker for a dog in an Uncle Sam hat.