Thursday, September 18, 2008

WTF??? Coffee edition...


To continue my (unintentional) series on poop-related posts (and one picked especially for bloggy buddy Mike), CAT POOP COFFEE!
Kopi Luwak or Civet coffee is coffee made from coffee berries which have been eaten by and passed through the digestive tract of the Asian Palm Civet. The civets eat the berries, but the beans inside pass through their system undigested. This process takes place on the islands of Sumatra, Java and Sulawesi in the Indonesian Archipelago, in the Phillipines and in East Timor. Vietnam has a similar type of coffee, called weasel coffee, which is made from coffee berries which have been regurgitated by local weasels. In actuality the "weasel" is just the local version of the Asian Palm Civet.
I can't imagine coffee would (or could) taste and smell worse if it was shit out of a critter...

5 comments:

Mike Church said...

Gee, thanks Lisa, how can I ever thank you? I know I'm going to think of coffee shat from a cat tomorrow when I have my morning cup of joe ("Shat from a Cat" - sounds like something Dr. Seuss might have written on a bad day..."was it shat from a cat?/was it shat in a hat?"

Lisa_mynx said...

tee-hee...

Booksteve said...

Not a coffee drinker. Had it only a half-dozen or so times in my life, the first when I was over 40!Kept me awake and wired for 36 straight hours! Since then I only use it when I need to stay awake and have lots of energy.

Mike Church said...

Are you serious? I've been drinking coffee since college(just the stimulus for those all nighters before finals). I drink so much that there's more caffeine in my blood than there is plasma. And when I'm not drinking coffee I'm drinking Pepsi Max - extra caffeine, ginsing and 0 calories. Its heaven! I do drink water too, and sometimes I'll have a nice strong cup of Earl Grey, but seriously I must drink at least 4 cups of coffee daily (and that's a conservative estimate).

joe bloke said...

i hate coffee. i drink coffee, it's like someone just injected me with speed.

i'm english. we drink tea in england. and none of that poncy earl grey stuff, either. ain't nothing beats a good old cup of pg.