Thursday, August 28, 2008

movie characters 3...


I thought of another one... R. Lee Ermey reprises his role as the sarge in 'Full Metal Jacket' as a ghost in 'Frighteners'...
I'll also throw in Bela Lugosi portraying vampires in non-Dracula films, because let's face it-- even if they couldn't call the generic vamp movies "Dracula", he was still playing Dracula...
And I found out that Angella Bassett plays Betty Shabazz in both 'Malcom X' and 'Panthers'. And Peter O'Toole played Henry II in 'Becket' and 'The Lion in Winter'.
A lot of people count Robert Patrick's appearance in 'Last Action Hero' to be a reprisal of his role from 'Terminator 2', but I'm a bit iffy on that one. Granted he was wearing a cop uniform and it was intended as a nod to his 'T2' character, but in 'Last Action Hero' it is shown that the star of 'T2' was Sylvester Stallone, not Arnold Swarzeneggar, so.............. it all gets a bit soft...

2 comments:

Booksteve said...

Ermy actually came into my store before I was hired but by all accounts was the friendliest celeb we ever had visit!

Lisa_mynx said...

I fear no man, but I think he would definitely be intimidating...