Wednesday, August 27, 2008

movie characters 2...


In a follow-up to my highly successful (thank you to all ONE of you who commented) posting on movie characters popping up in unrelated films, I thought of a couple more...
I am still trying to avoid actual cross-overs (like 'King Kong vs Godzilla', or 'The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones' or the 'Rugrats/Wild Thornberry's' movie, or the 'Iron Man/Hulk' cross-over setting up the impending 'Avengers' movie), but some of those did get me thinking-- there have been two 'Alien vs Predator' cross-over movies, but prior to that, an Alien skull appeared in a trophy case aboard the ship in the second Predator film. Also, there was the cross-over film 'Freddy vs Jason', but before that, in 'Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday' there was not only the pseudo Freddy cameo at the end (with his glove coming out of the ground and pulling Jason's hockey mask into hell) but also the appearance of the Book of the Dead from the 'Evil Dead' trilogy and the crate that held "Fluffy" (the abominable snowman/bigfoot/sasquatch/yeti) from 'Creepshow' inside the Voorhees (Jason's last name) home.
In 'Star Wars: Episode I', there is a scene showing the senate and representatives of all the planets in the council-- in that scene you can see members of E.T.'s race...
I suppose one could throw in 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' as it has characters from different cartoons appearing together, most notably Daffy Duck facing off with Donald Duck...
Some companies have later made their films into one universe such as the Toho (Godzilla) monsters, or Universal Monsters, or some of the movies put out by Full Moon ('Puppet Master', 'Doll Man', 'Bad Channels', and 'Demonic Toys' have all had related cross-overs but never were actually intended to be together initially).
Again I ask, does anyone else have any others? I am really interested in this, but my research isn't turning up much-- television is easy to find but movies aren't quite as simple... I may do a piece on a particular TV show with far reaching effects in the world of fiction that I have come across, but that will be another time.

2 comments:

MSC said...

Ok - here's another (although it might be stretching things). Back in the 70's Clifton James played Sheriff J.W. Pepper in two Bond films - "Live and Let Die" and "The Man with the Golden Gun". In "Superman II" he plays a similar character who is billed as "the Sheriff". I always assumed it was the same character (and I recall other people thinking the same think way back in the day when the movie first opened)

Lisa_mynx said...

I'll have to look into that one...